Monday, June 04, 2007

I'm not dead!!!

It's just been a month since I have had time to blog. So, what have we done in the past month that has limited my time to blog:

1. Hosted a visit from my parents.
2. Took said parents on a burger run from KMYF to F70, the French Valley Cafe. Since my mom can't walk so well (recovering from an injury), I loaded her into a 172 (two doors!) and flew her up while the Chief Photographer drove my dad. After a nice sightseeing flight and a squeaker of a landing, we had a great lunch. I then took my dad on a sightseeing flight while the Chief Photographer and my mom drove back. Great day!
3. Bought a handheld. It's a basic talk/listen only (no nav), but it's great and I'm able to sit in the cell phone lot at KSAN and listen for my parents/friends flight to arrive so I don't have to pay too much money to the parking gods.
4. Hosted a visit from an old friend from back east.
5. Bought a house in Charlottesville, VA. It cost us a little more than the handheld did, but CP loves it and it has a great view of the Blue Ridge mountains.
6. Packed up all the household goods in the house in CA and let the moving company take them.
7. Drove CP, two cats, several plants, one car, and a bunch of clothes from California to Virginia.
8. Painted three rooms (one four times) in the new house, plus other assorted new home maintenance items.
9. Took delivery of the household goods, started unpacking, set up the entertainment system and one office, installed the washer and dryer.
10. Bought a lawnmower. It cost a little more than the handheld, but not as much as the house. I tried to convince CP that I needed a lawn tractor, but she wasn't buying it.
11. Flew JetBlue back to San Diego. It was a nice flight (except for some pretty significant turbulence) and I will definitely use JetBlue again.
12. Set up camp in the (now empty) bedroom of my house in Coronado, where I will play bachelor for a few weeks while finishing up my active Navy service.

CP and I are now officially residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia for the next few years. J and K, watch out!!! I may have to fly down by JGG later this summer.

As you can see, there has been little time for blogging.

During my temporary bachelor hood, I plan on doing a decent bit of flying with a few friends and making a few training videos for one of my flying clubs before I leave. At least if I am doing something productive I can't get into too much trouble.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am now back on frequency and hope to post a little more often.

Cheers,
BC

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul in the CA Desert said...

wow, thats quite some excuse for absence. glad to hear the move went well.

9:07 PM  
Blogger k said...

Welcome back! Congratulations on the house and move! We look forward to a visit this summer!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jason (Photon) said...

Wow, busy! K and I look forward to lunch at Charlie's sometime!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home