Thursday, January 18, 2007

Airplane Maintenance

Sorry it's been a while since my last post. My dear Uncle Sam forced me to fly left rear (way rear) seat on some big iron to the Republic of Texas to earn my paycheck. Thanks, buddy.

When I returned, I found out that my primary flying club had decided to do a maintenance standown and pulled all the planes off the line for upkeep maintenance, including oil changes, deferred repairs, and corrosion control. Being a good club member, I went out to the airfield and spent my three day weekend working on airplanes.

Positives:
I learned a hell of a lot about airplanes and maintenance and upkeep.
I got to make a positive contribution to the club.
I spent time with a bunch of guys who, like yours truly, enjoy flying for the fun of it.

Negatives:
Have you ever sneezed paint dust for three days?
Why do you think they say "keep the shiny side up." The "non-shiny" side is a pain in the butt to clean.

In short, I learned a lot about the planes and got to make a positive contribution to my club.

Cheers,
BC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home