Monday, December 18, 2006

Complex Checkout

At a meeting on Thursday, I found out that the owner of the 172RG at my primary flying club will be taking the plane off the line as of January 1st. I am 4.1 hours into a 10 hour initial complex checkout, so I have received permission from the Chief Photographer to fly for 5.9 hours over the next week or two in order to get the complex checkout done before the plane goes off the line. If I don't get it finished, I'll have to finish it up at my other flying club, a significantly more expensive proposition.

One slight problem: The CFI I started the checkout with is leaving town today and won't be back until the New Year. However, he turned me over, with a status update, to our Chief Pilot who is going to finish the checkout with me.

I'm on the schedule for most of the day Friday. I have done a good number of patterns, but I still need to do the Private Pilot Maneuvers (stalls, steeps, blah blah blah) and burn the minimum hours. I think we're going to go do a few hours of airwork, hopefully including some IR time, stop at a local airport for some fuel and food, then do a few more hours on our way back to home base. Kill the hours, get some airwork, get some good hood time, and get 'r done.

Side note: I have started a second blog dedicated to my quest for an MBA. You can check it out by heading over to Big Country Goes to Skool.

Have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home