Thursday, March 01, 2007

Crab cakes

They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. My wife says I have a big (although sometimes cold) heart, so my big stomach is a requirement to supply that. This being the case, I am a big fan of gastronomical tourism, but not of the $200 pate and $500 bottle of wine variety. My tourism is usually limited to out of the way BBQ joints and restaurants dotted across the south, with the occasional "nice" restaurant thrown in for scenery.

Living on the left coast, my wife and I miss the flavors of home, most especially sweet iced tea and really good barbecue. We can usually make do, but lately we have had a hankering for one food we have not been able to find: crab cakes and hush puppies. Last night, we satisfied our desperation and the Chief Photographer treated myself and her parents to dinner at Lynnhaven Fish House.

Although it is not my usual backcountry fare, it is an excellent restaurant with delicious food. She-crab soup, crab cakes, and hush puppies for all. A most excellent meal for which I heartily thank my long-suffering wife.

If you ever find yourself in the Norfolk-Virginia Beach area, stop in to Lynnhaven Fish House and give it a try.

Disclaimer: I received no commercial compensation for the above post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason (Photon) said...

Yeah, we have no shortage of crab out here in Hampton Roads. :)

But I miss S.C. BBQ myself.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home