Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Checkride coming quickly

Between the new job and getting ready for my checkride, I haven't had time to post.

Checkride is Thursday, 13 April at 1100 PDT here in sunny San Diego.

My CFI (D) and I have been working on polishing my landings. I have a tendency to flare too high, so my landings have been a little sloppy. We flew together on Saturday to refine my sight picture, then I did a solo today to practice on my own. Got 10 landings in 1.5 hrs, of which 8 I would consider to be within standards and the other 2 were close.

Okay, the cross country (San Diego to KLAS) is planned, nav log is done, 8710 is filled out, Knowledge Test Report is in the folder, check is written, maintenance logs reviewed, what else, what else, what else... D and I will meet tomorrow night to sign the 8710 and get the logbook endorsements, then Thursday morning is show time.

Here's the numbers from the 8710:

Total: 44.7 Instruction Recv'd: 30.7 Solo: 14.0 PIC: 14.0
XC Instruction: 4.6 XC Solo: 5.4 XC PIC: 5.4 Instrument: 3.8
Night Instruction: 6.2 Night T/O/Landings: 15 Night PIC: 0
Night T/O/L PIC: 0

My hope now is that everything turns out well on game day.

Hope for the best!

BC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home