Saturday, March 04, 2006

Great day for flying

Another sunny day here in SoCal, so C and I headed off for a little practice. Departed the pattern and went straight under the foggles. Flew some SIM IFR for a little while as we headed over to KSEE. We entered the pattern at KSEE and worked short field landings, soft field landings, and engine out landings. My landings are "safe" but sloppy right now.
After landings, we went to the practice area and did stalls, slow flight, and steep turns under the foggles, then visual steep turns. Since steep turns is my worst maneuver, this is definitely something I wanted to practice. As it turns out, all of the steep turns I did today went pretty well.
After maneuvers, we headed back to home base, where I did a forward slip to landing. All in all, a good day to practice maneuvers and get the feel after ignoring them for several weeks doing cross country.
Tomorrow, it's solo practice. I'll do one set of each maneuver, then spend a few hours in the pattern working on my landings.
C has decided to go ahead and schedule my end of course stage check with the Chief Flight Instructor, and my PPL Check Ride with the DPE. I have to go out of town for a business trip, so it looks like I will stage check the last weekend in March and check ride the first weekend in April. All I have left to do is keep polishing my maneuvers and get the hours in the log.
Today - 1.6hrs, 0.5hrs SIM IR, 8 landings
Total - 33.1 hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home