Friday, February 24, 2006

I hate IT's (rant)

Okay. This morning, I spent a few hours working on some correspondence for my boss, due today. Just as I was wrapping up, I hit Save for the final time. What happens? Word CRASHES! No problem, I use AutoRecover, just in case.
Open up Word, autorecover brings up my document. I've lost a few minutes of work, but nothing that can't be redone quickly. I try to save my Autorecover, Word CRASHES! Open it up again, the Autorecover is gone. Turns out, Word will only bring it up once. After that, nada.
Now, I have to go to an older version and redo a few hours worth of work. One problem, it can't find the file. Come to find out, our IT's had shut down the shared file server (this caused the original crash) and left for the day without telling anybody. I had to call them in to restart the server so I could get my work finished. Long story short, because our IT's wanted to leave, I lost a few hours worth of work and had to stay late. (END RANT)

To quote T.S. Eliot, all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well. Weather permitting, I'll be flying up to PSP this weekend. It will be nice to get a few hours in my trusty 172 steed. Besides that, just working around the house.

Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home