Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I know, it's been awhile...

It's been a while since I last posted, but I haven't had much to say. After my last flight, I changed jobs (same employer, different job). My first day was spent getting set up, my second on traveling for my first business trip in the new job. I got to spend a few days in Honolulu. Unfortunately, I was unable to take my lovely wife on this trip due ot the short notice. Maybe next time.
I took a United Express (E120) from KSAN to KLAX. During boarding, none of the other passengers were capable of sitting in their correctly assigned seat, and argued with the FA when she tried to get everyone in their assigned seat. Once we had everyone on board, the crew had to move everyone as far forward as possible due to an out of limits aft CG. Yet again, many of the passengers had to complain about moving. I guess they don't understand that CG kills. We left KSAN late, and I barely made my connection in KLAX. Once on the United flight to Honolulu, I tuned in Channel 9 and got to listen in on the flight crew. The flight to PHNL was a little bumpy, but uneventful. The crew made a nice approach into 8L, then it was on the ground. The flight home, Hawaiian, was pretty vanilla.
Once I got home and got the laundry done, my darling wife let me go flying again. My former instructor, C, got hired as a freight dog, so I have a new instructor to do my wrapup and polish for my check ride. D and I went up on Sunday to practice my weakness, landings. Regular, short, soft, soft, soft, soft, soft, pattern after pattern. It was good because he was able to point out my two biggest problems, a poor sight picture and a high flare. We worked on those, and my landings improved considerably. My last landing at KSDM went well, then we flew to home base. I made an EXCELLENT soft field landing at home base. I came in so soft that, when D asked if we were on the ground, I honestly couldn't tell (we were). Now, if I can just keep up that standard. We are going back up on Thursday for some more practice and some IR time, then a final stage check on Saturday morning before my check ride.

Sunday-1.7hrs
Total-37.0hrs
Landings=Takeoffs

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home