Sunday, April 02, 2006

Not much time to post lately

But, I have been able to fly some. I went up week before last for some night/IFR work (2.5 hrs, 1.7 Sim IFR), then had my final stage check with the Chief Pilot to get ready for my PPL check ride. The oral exam went well, then we walked the plane. When we get to the plane, the battery was dead as a doornail. Since all the other club planes were already in use, the flying portion got cancelled. Zero hrs.

I went back yesterday to knock out the flying portion. Took off with a short field departure, flew the plan, diverted well. Came in WAY high for a short field landing, did a T&G, then circled for another short field landing. Another T&G, circled for a soft field landing. Taxied back for a soft field takeoff, then went high to do some maneuvers. Steep turns, slow flight, stalls, unusual attitudes, emergency descent. All went well except the dirty slow flight. I was holding right at stall speed, then started to turn. I forgot the increased load factor/increased stall speed thing, and ended up stalling. Recovered smoothly, did it again correctly. After the maneuvers, we headed home. A forward slip to landing, then called it a day.

Next Saturday (8th), D and I will go up for some more practice. After that, a little bit of oral review, then my PPL Check Ride on the 14th of April. It's been a long time coming, I just hope I don't blow it.

Total - 41.8 hrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home