Sunday, July 15, 2007

Short Final

My original plan for leaving San Diego and moving to Virginia included a bit of a detour by way of Oshkosh, WI, where I planned to check out the show and meet up with some other bloggers. However, I haven't seen the Chief Photographer in six weeks with one more week to go, so I have decided to forgo Oshkosh. No offense, but as much as I like airplanes I like my wife even more.

I have five working days left as a full time Naval Officer. There are two projects I have to put some finishing touches on and I have some admin drills to close out, then I will be departing SOCAL on Friday afternoon to begin my drive back to Virginia. Three and a half days of driving will land me in Charlottesville to begin the great adventure of being an unemployed business school student.

The transition from full time military to grad student and then to the civilian business world will be challenging. If you count my four years at the Naval Academy, I have been in the Navy for 16 years, all of my adult life. In some ways it has been difficult, with long deployments and little communication with home. In other ways, it has been extremely rewarding to work with outstanding professionals who dedicate their lives to serving their fellow citizens. I won't be leaving the Navy entirely, however, as I have joined the Navy Reserve to be a part time sailor.

I am looking forward to starting this next phase of my life. I have to learn a new language and how to dress (uniforms are easy). Luckily, my wife is an experienced professional with an MBA of her own and does a good job of looking out for me.

Five days left. The gas is full, three down and locked, on centerline, on airspeed, on glideslope...

1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony Frost said...

If you are injured in a private plane crash, or someone you love has been injured or killed, you have the right to speak with a private plane crash lawyer to determine if you should be compensated. Victims of airplane crashes can suffer devastating injuries and should be compensated for their pain and suffering.

small private flight crash

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home