Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Long Taxi

I did it! I have finally departed SOCAL and arrived in The Old Dominion.

Vital Stats:
Distance: 2564.3 SM
Days: 4
Hours behind the wheel: 36.4

I've been to Tuscon, Las Cruces, godforsaken West Texas
Odessa, Abilene, more of Texas that I seen,
Texarkana, Little Rock, Memphis in my truck,
Knoxville I'm almost there
I've been everywhere

Safe and sound in the Virginia countryside. I'm going tomorrow for my check flight at a local FBO and should hopefully be back to flying soon.

All the best,
BC

6 Comments:

Blogger Jason (Photon) said...

That first flight is up JGG, right?! :)

7:06 AM  
Blogger Big Country said...

First flight will be a local checkride. Our first "real" flight will probably be to JGG depending on the rules for cross countries over here. I'll be in touch!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Paul in the CA Desert said...

Congrats on a safe trip and good luck with the checkride. Log any actual time during the drive?? :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger k said...

Welcome back! Lunch is on us! :)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Big Country said...

Thanks for the great notes.

Paul: Funny you should ask. I did log some actual. I got caught in a monsoon downpour just east of Tuscon at night. Vis was down to about 30 feet and I was driving about 30mph watching the road lines just outside my window. I was looking for a safe place to pull off when it let up.

Cheers,
BC

1:40 PM  
Blogger Anthony Frost said...

Best of luck

small private flight crash

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home