Sunday, August 27, 2006

Requiem

Since I have not posted in over a month, I had a lot to tell you today. About some great flights I took. About watching the last operational F-14D flights from the deck of an aircraft carrier. About why I didn't have time to blog because I was slaving away working on my essays for Harvard Business School.

But for now, I will post a requiem.

Today, COMAIR 5191 crashed on departure from KLEX just before dawn, bringing to an end one of the safest periods in commerical aviation history. There was one survivor. According to current reports, the CRJ 100 attempted to depart from a runway that was too short. I will withhold further comment until the report is published, as we all know how lousy aviation reporting in the media can be.

Kudos to the rescue personnel who risked injury to extract the FO from the flight deck.

Requiem aeternam dona eis Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home